GEMMMA TOURS AND SAFARIS COMPANY LTD is the first Tour company in Tanzania to be established in to provide medical students, Doctors, Nurses and all health Paramedics to experience an educational and cultural medical exchange opportunities to Tanzania, sending over 5,000 Health professionals in each year.
The main purpose of the exchange program is “to promote the cultural understanding and the cooperation among medical students and other health professionals, through international exchanges and Tanzania. GEMMA TOURS aim to give all the health Professionals the opportunity to learn about global health and attains this partly by having its exchanges accredited by medical faculties across the world and Tanzania.” It is a quality educational and cultural experience organized entirely by GEMMA TOURS & SAFARIS COMPANY LTD.
GEMMA TOURS & SAFARIS COMPANY LTD offers medical students worldwide an opportunity to experience medicine in another culture and health system, ultimately making them more sensitive to the differences in healthcare across the globe.
GEMMA TOURS & SAFARIS COMPANY has been sending and receiving medical students for about 2years now and has been growing in both sending and hosting capacity ever since. On average, GEMMA TOURS &SAFARIS COMPANY LTD sends and receives over 200 medical students, Doctors, Nurses and other Health Professionals annually. While dealing with all hospitals in Tanzania, hosted students experience with various Medical systems carried out in Private, Public and tertiary hospitals in the country.
At the end of each Exchange, they experience various SAFARIS in Tanzania, depending on their Choice as per our itineraries at cheaper and affordable price.
The aim of GEMMA TOURS & SAFARI COMPANY LTD is to promote cultural understanding and co-operation amongst medical students and all health professionals, through the facilitation of international student exchanges. GEMMA TOURS &SAFARI COMPANY LTD aims to give all students the opportunity to learn about global health and attains this partly by having its exchanges accredited by medical faculties across the world and Tanzania in particular, which they can experience the Tropical Experience.
- To increase the mobility and to widen the horizon of medical students worldwide;
- To provide equal chances to medical students to participate in a professional exchange, regardless of subjective, geographical, political, financial, sexual, cultural or religious backgrounds;
- To provide medical students with the possibility to experience healthcare in another culture with different health and education systems, and to learn how differences in culture and believes are of influence;
- To create possibilities for medical students to learn about global health issues, primary health concerns and basic epidemiology of the host country, and how it differs from their home country;
- To contribute to the education of future health professionals with a global vision and to contribute to medical students’ personal development, self-reliance, and openness in becoming future health professionals;
- To provide students with the chance to improve their medical knowledge, their vision on medical issues and their practical knowledge depending on the regulations of the host country;
- To facilitate the connection between medical students and other health professionals and to provide a platform for future cooperation amongst medical students with each other and with health professionals across the globe;
- To maintain affordable professional exchange tuition through its governing body to ensure that medical students within the National Member Organizations can participate in the exchanges with a minimal financial burden;
- To make sure students are aware of the ethical aspects regarding their exchange to assure the burden on society, patients, the recourses and the healthcare system is as limited as possible;
- To promote tolerance towards differences and similarities within health and towards patients regardless of their sex, religion, or beliefs.